Internet Research Center (IRC) - Würzburg#
The Internet Research Center (Internet Research Center - IRC) is a multi-institutional research facility of the department of mathematics and computer science, the department of law and the philosophical faculty II of the Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg.
Objectives and targets#
- Promote interaction between the parties concerned in the IRC
- Development and promotion of Internet science with research, training opportunities, and participation in Internet-related projects. The focus lies on topics like architecture of the Internet and innovative web applications. In particular, this includes Internet-based applications in different directions. The IRC tries to stimulate interdisciplinary science.
- It has the task of promoting inter-regional and inter-national cooperations.
- It tries to concentrate the different interests and activities in the field of Internet research at the university of Würzburg.
- It aims to help with fundamental research and applied science and development projects in the field of interdisciplinary Internet research.
- Organization of workshops and conferences